Statement of faith for the New Covenent Fellowship
What we believe:
- There is only one God, eternal and almighty. He is the creator of the whole universe. He has revealed Himself in three distinct persons: The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit
- The holy Bible, consisting of the old and the new Testaments. It is totally inspired of God and without error in the original texts. It is the only authority for our faith and practical lives.
- The Holy Spirit as the Life-giver, Power Source, Renewer, Perfector, Teacher, Comforter and Giver of spiritual Fruits and Gifts.
- The Holy Spirit is today as active as ever before. The gifts and fruit of God's Spirit did not cease after the first Apostles. The Holy Spirit still performs supernatural miracles, sets people free from demon possesion, heals illnesses in body and mind, can give supernatural wisdom and knowledge, inspires prophetic messages etc.
- Jesus Christ came into this world through the virgin Mary, who by a miracle of the Holy Spirit, was made pregant. Jesus was in His nature true God and true man, and thus could be the only mediator between God and man. He was perfect in His life and teaching.
- In Adam mankind was created in the image and likeness of God. Through the fall of Adam mankind is radically corrupt, separated from God, and sinful at the heart of being. The desperate need of man is restoration to fellowship with God; yet man remains totally unable to restore himself.
- Eternal salvation, the gift of God, has been provided for men only by His grace and through the vicarious death of Jesus Christ. Faith is the way by which the believer receives the saving power of His death.
- Jesus Christ as the only existing way to God
- Jesus Christ was resurrected bodily from the dead; ascended into heaven, and will return at the consumation of the age to both resurrect and judge the just and the unjust. The dead are today existing in a conscious state, but cannot be contacted by any human being.
- Eternal, conscious punishment, including separation and loss of fellowship with God, is the ultimate destiny of the unregenerate man, satan and all his hosts.
- Eternal, conscious life, in direct fellowship with God, is the ultimate destiny of the person who has received Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord in this one and only life.